Galactic Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galactic Empire Alliance Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user

How noob protection works!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

How noob protection works! Empty
PostSubject: How noob protection works!   How noob protection works! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:14 am

A couple of members of GEIA have been asking if they are going to get attacked and what kind of defenses they should build.

I decided to post this topic about noob protection so that everyone is clear about how if works and how long you are protected for etc.

How it works!

The rule works in 5's. No player can attack another player that is 20% less than their current points. This means that players cannot attack others who have 5x less that their points.

( A player with 5,000 points cannot attack someone with fewer than 1000 points.)

Players with fewer than 20% of your points will be displayed on the Galaxy View screen in green and will have a small "n" displayed next to their names.

Note: (this also works in reverse)
No player may attack another who has more than 5 times their points.

(A player with 100 points would not be allowed to attack someone with more than 5,000 points.)

Players with more than 500% of your points will be displayed on the Galaxy View screen in red and will have a small "s" displayed next to their names if you are still in newbie protection. This signifies that they have 5x more points than you so are listed as 'superior' and cannot be attacked by you.

I believe this is a safeguard to stop new players getting their fleets destroyed because they did not know wot they were doing

In the beginning...

Newbie Protection is automatically applied to starting players who have fewer than 5,000 points. These players are not allowed to be attacked by stronger players above 5,000 points. However player can still attack and be attacked by a player under 4,999 points.

The newbie protection ends when the player has more than 5,000 points. Although the 5x rule explained above still applies. This rule continues to apply for the rest of the game, even if you are ranked number one in the universe.

In conclusion

Anyone you are noob protected from will have (s) next to their name and be in red; anyone who is noob protected from you will have (n) next to their name and be in green.

If you have less than 5,000 points you cannot be attacked or attack anyone with greater 5,000 points.

You cannot attack or be attacked by anyone with 5x more or less points than you. (500% or 20%)

Newbie Protection also extends to Espionage Probes and Interplanetary Missiles.

Protection will stack so if you are under 5,000 points you still cannot be attacked by anyone with 5x more points than you or attack anyone with 5x less points than you. This applies even if you are both under 5,000 points.

(If you have 4,000 points you cannot attack anyone with less than 800 points)

If a player is becomes inactive, Newbie Protection will no longer apply even if the conditions are filled

Hope this is helpful
Back to top Go down
pappy
Recycler
Recycler
pappy

PostSubject: Re: How noob protection works!   How noob protection works! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 8:47 am

Just after a clarification on this noob protection. I just recently hit the 5000 points barrier and now no one has an (s) next to them, and i was recently probed by a player in the top 100. From your post i got the feeling that if im on 5001 points then a player needs to be lower than 25000 points to be able to attack?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How noob protection works!   How noob protection works! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:23 pm

pappy wrote:
Just after a clarification on this noob protection. I just recently hit the 5000 points barrier and now no one has an (s) next to them, and i was recently probed by a player in the top 100. From your post i got the feeling that if im on 5001 points then a player needs to be lower than 25000 points to be able to attack?

To probe you they must have had less than 25,000 points.

Don't be worried. There would be no reason for them to attack you as they would gain very little.
Back to top Go down
Captain Patrick T. James
Recycler
Recycler
Captain Patrick T. James

PostSubject: Re: How noob protection works!   How noob protection works! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:59 pm

Noob protection is only for players with less than 5000 points. After 5000 points you can be probed and attacked by anyone.
Back to top Go down
arcturusk1
Recycler
Recycler
arcturusk1

PostSubject: Re: How noob protection works!   How noob protection works! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:31 am

I agree with Capt. The 5x rule is no longer applicable past 5000 points. You and everyone else over 5000 points is free game.

That's it. This conclusion is supported by pappy's statement. If he ticked over to 5000 points, saw absolutely no s-es, and was probed by a top 100 player, then the 5x doesn't apply. Using gamestats, the top 100 players are all pushing 31 million. Even person #500 is like 18+ million.

Imo, I'm wondering if 5000 points is really a good cutoff to have when the 500th player is over 18 friggin million. Cutoff should be higher, but we'll see.
Back to top Go down
pappy
Recycler
Recycler
pappy

PostSubject: Re: How noob protection works!   How noob protection works! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 5:15 am

Thats what i thought it was, after 5000 points no more protection. Considering i have 5400 points and i was just raided by a guy with 30000 points (5 waves). On that too, how many times can a player attack u before its considered "bashing".
Back to top Go down
pappy
Recycler
Recycler
pappy

PostSubject: Re: How noob protection works!   How noob protection works! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 5:34 am

ok just read up on the rule and a player can attack another player 20 times in 24 hour period.
Back to top Go down
Captain Patrick T. James
Recycler
Recycler
Captain Patrick T. James

PostSubject: Re: How noob protection works!   How noob protection works! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 9:29 pm

20 times!? Seriously? That's a lot different from how it used to be. It used to be nine time total (3 waves of 3 attacks), and then they changed it to 5 or 6 or something, but 20!? That's pretty much focusing all of your attacks for one day onto one person. I'd definitely consider that bashing by my definition.
Back to top Go down
pappy
Recycler
Recycler
pappy

PostSubject: Re: How noob protection works!   How noob protection works! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 3:03 am

because electra is a 4x uni, they made it 20 times a day to account for the speed.
Back to top Go down
Captain Patrick T. James
Recycler
Recycler
Captain Patrick T. James

PostSubject: Re: How noob protection works!   How noob protection works! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 3:44 am

I understand the x4 speed, but that means you can bash someone's defenses to nothing before they can do anything about it.

I can see little need to ever declare war on someone, as it's doubtful that you could hit someone more than 20 times a day normally.
Back to top Go down
pappy
Recycler
Recycler
pappy

PostSubject: Re: How noob protection works!   How noob protection works! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 3:47 am

agreed. even 9 attacks in one day is rather devastating to ones defenses. Oh well, guess it will teach me to take a little more care.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How noob protection works!   How noob protection works! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 2:07 pm

Captain Patrick T. James wrote:
I understand the x4 speed, but that means you can bash someone's defenses to nothing before they can do anything about it.

I can see little need to ever declare war on someone, as it's doubtful that you could hit someone more than 20 times a day normally.

There is no point in declaring war since every member of your alliance could hit the guy 20 times a day declaring official war with other alliances is now very pointless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How noob protection works!   How noob protection works! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How noob protection works!
Page 1 of 1