Galactic Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galactic Empire Alliance Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user

How to pick up the full Theoretic Plunder

Go down 
+3
zeroAbsolute
Gummi
crusy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
crusy
Deathstar
Deathstar
crusy

How to pick up the full Theoretic Plunder Empty
PostSubject: How to pick up the full Theoretic Plunder   How to pick up the full Theoretic Plunder I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:31 pm

I didn't know this until today (what a noob drunken) so I've been sending only the amount of cargoes needed to loot (actually transport) half of all the res, this does work in 90% of the cases, but not always. After this attack (https://gempire.rpg-board.net/t986-crusygempire-vs-shibiz-fubar-nuke-and-farm) I decided to read up in the wiki on this, because I did not get all the res I was expecting.

So there is always a theoretic plunder, which is always half of all the resources on the planet:

For example the theoretic plunder could be:

900'000 & 200'000 & 100'000'000

And the transports that I have supposed I would need would be 48 Large Cargoes, which could hold 1'200'000 res.

BUT I found out today there is a rule about how the res is loaded onto the ships.

1. A max of 1/3 of the ships capacity is filled with metal. -->400'000
2. 1/2 of the leftover capacity gets loaded with Crystal. (800k/2 = 400k) but only 200k can be looted so its -->200'000.
3. The rest is filled with the Deut --> 100'000
4. If there is still capacity (1200 - 700 = 500) half of that capacity is loaded with metal. --> 250'000
5. Now the rest is filled with Crystal if there is still some left.

!! Result: the ships go home without loading all the metal theoretically available, 250'000 stay on the planet !!

This means if there is lots of metal to be looted you need to send more ships to collect it all. Some of them will stay empty, but you can collect the full theoretic plunder in a single attack.

Here is the link to the wiki article: http://ogame.wikia.com/wiki/Plunder

I hope I could help some of the other noobs that did not know this be even more effective with thier farming raids. By the way speedsim does correctly give you the amount of ships needed.
Back to top Go down
Gummi
Recycler
Recycler
Gummi

PostSubject: Re: How to pick up the full Theoretic Plunder   How to pick up the full Theoretic Plunder I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:24 pm

Thanks for posting this Crusy. I was still under the assumption that metal was 1/2 of total storage cap. I guess why is the remaining storage is filled with the remainder until 50% of the plunder is reached.

Back to top Go down
zeroAbsolute
Heavy Fighter
Heavy Fighter

PostSubject: Re: How to pick up the full Theoretic Plunder   How to pick up the full Theoretic Plunder I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:48 pm

If pay attention to the topic linked you will figure out that if you send enough cargos you will get all the resources. that calculation is when you dont send the right quantity of cargos.
Back to top Go down
Alpha_9
Destroyer
Destroyer
Alpha_9

PostSubject: Re: How to pick up the full Theoretic Plunder   How to pick up the full Theoretic Plunder I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:50 pm

hm interesting i didn't know that
Back to top Go down
Alpha_9
Destroyer
Destroyer
Alpha_9

PostSubject: Re: How to pick up the full Theoretic Plunder   How to pick up the full Theoretic Plunder I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:50 pm

hm interesting i didn't know that
Back to top Go down
crusy
Deathstar
Deathstar
crusy

PostSubject: Re: How to pick up the full Theoretic Plunder   How to pick up the full Theoretic Plunder I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 9:41 pm

zeroAbsolute wrote:
If pay attention to the topic linked you will figure out that if you send enough cargos you will get all the resources. that calculation is when you dont send the right quantity of cargos.

Yep thats why I also said:

crusy wrote:
This means if there is lots of metal to be looted you need to send more ships to collect it all. Some of them will stay empty, but you can collect the full theoretic plunder in a single attack.
Back to top Go down
Alpha_9
Destroyer
Destroyer
Alpha_9

PostSubject: Re: How to pick up the full Theoretic Plunder   How to pick up the full Theoretic Plunder I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:27 pm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........
Back to top Go down
orbitz
Bomber
Bomber
orbitz

PostSubject: Re: How to pick up the full Theoretic Plunder   How to pick up the full Theoretic Plunder I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 am

I use a battle sim and send the number of L.Cargo's the sim states will be required to collect the theoretic plunder + number it estimates will be lost +1% (1 per 100) to allow for sim error and for mines' production during the flight.

To date this has always recovered 50% of the resources so I am guessing that this sim is either calculating L.Cargo capacity distribution or I've just been really lucky!

The sim I use is this one (tools for Ogame).
Back to top Go down
Warhammer
Recycler
Recycler
Warhammer

PostSubject: Re: How to pick up the full Theoretic Plunder   How to pick up the full Theoretic Plunder I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:43 am

i like that sim works the best i think
Back to top Go down
R2D2
Bomber
Bomber
R2D2

PostSubject: Re: How to pick up the full Theoretic Plunder   How to pick up the full Theoretic Plunder I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:49 am

Thank you for the info and the sim link.

I was using http://websim.speedsim.net/ but it is not very accurate at all often result is a draw when it claims will be a win and under estimates losses too. I'll give that one a go. Already like the look of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to pick up the full Theoretic Plunder   How to pick up the full Theoretic Plunder I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to pick up the full Theoretic Plunder
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galactic Empire :: Galactic Empire :: How To-
Jump to: